This is a great recipe for those who love a nice plate of potato salad, but don't care much for the heavy mayo dressing.
If you have a small herb garden at home like I do, this is a perfect recipe to use some fresh herbs. I happened to have rosemary and marjoram on hand, but you can use any herbs you like :) Enjoy!
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can of sweet corn, drained
- about 20 pitted olives, sliced
- 1tbs fresh marjoram
- 1tbs fresh rosemary
- 3tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 C degrees.
- Add the herbs, 2tbs oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until it's all well blended.
- Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave them for 10min. Put a knife through them, if it goes in and out smoothly, the potatoes are cooked. If not, let them cook for a few minutes longer.
- Drizzle about a tbs of olive oil on a baking sheet, add the potatoes in, give them a stir so they get coated with olive oil and roast them for about 20min or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a salad bowl place the corn and olives. Drizzle the herb vinaigrette on top, and give it a stir.
- Add the warm potatoes, give it a gentle stir and enjoy!