This is a perfect idea, if you want to surprise someone with a nice breakfast plate on a weekend morning. It's really egg on toast, but jazzed up with some peppers, basil and great presentation... Easy and super delicious! :-)
- 2 pieces of toast
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 eggs, cracked open in ramekins or coffee cups
- 4-5 basil leaves, chopped
- 2tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the bell peppers into rings. Cut the top of the pepper off so the stalk falls off and leaves a nice hole.
- Over a medium heat pour the olive oil in a skillet and place the pepper rings in. Carefully slide the eggs into the pepper rings and cook slowly. To speed up the cooking time, cover with a lid.
- Toast the bread, place the egg on top, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the basil leaves.
- Cover it with the pepper lid and enjoy!