Wednesday 26 September 2012

Lemon & Basil Pasta



I love using fresh herbs! Basil is probably my favourites and if I had enough on hand, I would probably use it every day :-) So since the plant I have in the kitchen was growing pretty quickly, I decided to make this pasta dish and it turned out pretty nicely.

Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 500g pasta (any shape or size you have)
- 25-30 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste, grated

Process:

- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, but don't rinse.
- Put the pasta back in the pot and add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese and a few basil leaves. Give it a good toss.
- Add the cheese, taste for seasoning and adjust. Sprinkle the few basil leaves on top, give it a gentle toss and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment