This is a great idea for a dessert, especially because it can be made the night before you have your dinner party. It's also great for a dinner for two or really any time you feel like having some chocolate mousse. Give it a shot and I promise everyone will love it! :)
- 340g heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tbs sugar
- 100g chocolate chips
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine the chocolate mix, water, espresso powder and butter. Melt everything together for 30-40 seconds or until the chocolate is melted and creamy. Let it cool.
- Whip the heavy cream in a bowl and put it in the fridge to cool.
- In a different bowl combine the egg yolks and the sugar. Whisk until the mix is pale in colour. Add to the melted chocolate and give it a whisk.
- In a different bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks.
- Mix the heavy cream, egg yolk chocolate mixture and egg whites together.
- Place in serving glasses/cups and let it cool in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!