This is a great recipe when using chicken breast because we all know that breast meat can be quite dry and boring :)The egg batter makes the meat sooo juicy and enjoyable. I definitely think it's a go-to recipe every time you have some chicken breast in the fridge and don't know what to do with it :)
- 4 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100ml water
- 50ml white wine (optional, you could add water instead)
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs fresh marjoram (any fresh herb would work)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, put olive oil and set the heat to medium high.
- Put the fillets, flour and whisked egg on three different plates and season well with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fillets in flour, dip them in egg and place them in the hot skillet.
- Fry each side for 3-4 minutes, depending on the fillet thickness.
- When finished, take the fillets out and put them on a plate.
- Turn the heat to high and put the water, wine, lemon juice, stock cube, any leftover flour from the dredging, fresh herbs and butter.
- Wait for a minute so the sauce thickens and place the fillets back in the skillet for a few minutes to absorb the sauce.
- Serve with potatoes, rice or salad and enjoy!