Another leftover recipe :) I had different cheeses in the fridge, so I decided to give it a shot. I never thought of putting Camembert in mac & cheese, but now I love it. It gives the dish a nice twist.
- 20g all purpose flour
- 40g unsalted butter
- 300g milk
- 175g Camembert cheese, cut into thin slices
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250g macaroni (any pasta works)
- 1tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C degrees.
- In a large saucepan bring water to boil, add a good amount of salt and put pasta in. Cook till al dente.
- To make the bechamel sauce, place the flour and butter in a saucepan and mix together on a medium heat.
- When a paste is formed, start incorporating the milk little by little. Stir until the sauce becomes thick and creamy.
- Turn the heat off, add the Camembert and Parmesan cheese. Stir everything together.
- Place the pasta and sauce in a casserole dish and stir till pasta is coated.
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and olive oil on top, bake for 20min and enjoy!