I am a big, big fan of salads!! The ingredients for this recipe can be changed according to your liking, but the dressing is what makes it so delicious. Simple, yet gorgeous mix of salt, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette... So much better than the heavy ranch or mayo dressings! Give it a try and it will be your new go-to salad recipe :-)
- 1 bag of leaf lettuce (any type of lettuce works)
- 2 tomatoes, diced into cubes
- 1/2 pealed cucumber, sliced into circles
- 1 canned corn
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 slices of a day old bread, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar (red/white wine vinegar works too) to taste
- In a bowl, add the bread cubes, olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Bake in a preheated oven (190 C degrees) for 30min to get croutons and let them cool completely.
- In a different bowl add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, olive oil and vinegar to taste. Give it a good mix, then add the croutons and enjoy!