Great comfort food dinner :)Living in California for years, I got to try different Jambalaya recipes. Each one of them was delicious. My recipe, however is with brown rice. I rarely use brown rice, but I believe in this case it makes the meal much tastier than white rice would do.
- 150g chorizo sausage, diced (any smoked sausage works)
- 1 cup brown rice (any type of rice works)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 hot chilli peppers
- 2tbs butter
- 2tbs paprika
- 1tbs cumin
- 1tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 100g tomato sauce (fresh diced tomatoes work, too)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the butter in a pot and sauté the chorizo sausage on medium heat.
- Add paprika, cumin, and cajun seasoning and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes along with the bay leaf, onion, garlic, chillis, salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and give it a stir.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for 55min.
Tip: I am using brown rice, hence cooking it for 55min. If you use regular white rice, it will take 15-20min.