Who doesn't love pizza? It's quick to make and super delicious to enjoy! And what's the most fun part? Choosing the baking method and toppings!!! I wanted to sway from the traditional oven bake method, so I decided to grill it on the panini maker (you could also do it outside on the BBQ grill or in a griddle pan). Then, came the toppings part! I decided to use up all the leftovers I had in the fridge :-) So feel free to do any combinations you like, because the possibilities are really endless. Any leftover sauce, meat and cheese will work! So let's get going...
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 package (2tsp) active dry yeast*
- 300ml warm water (not hot)
- 2tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 375g plain flour
- 2tbs vegetable oil
- In a bowl, add the yeast, salt, sugar and water. Let it sit for 5min to activate.
- Add the flour and oil and start kneading. If the dough is sticky, sprinkle some more flour on it and keep kneading till it's smooth and no longer sticky.
- Put it in a clean, oiled bowl, brush it with vegetable oil and put a kitchen towel over it. Place it in a warm area and let it rise for an hour.
- After an hour, preheat your grill to high. Cut the dough in 4 equal pieces, stretch and shape them into any shape you like.
- Brush one side of the stretched dough with some oil and place it on the grill oiled side down. Grill for 5-7min. Then, brush it with oil, flip and put your toppings on. Grill for another 5-7min and enjoy!
* If you want a yeast-free version, you can still make a grilled pizza using this yeast-free dough recipe: http://tastymediterranean.blogspot.com/2012/09/no-yeast-pizza.html