Since my banana dark chocolate chip muffins came out so delicious, I figured I should try a similar recipe with some oranges and see how it goes. As we are in that cold and wintery time of the year, the smell of cooking oranges and chocolate together fills the house with so much warmth. So here it goes...
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 oranges*, zested and juiced
- 100g dark chocolate chips (crushed baking chocolate works too)
- 8tbs plain flour
- 1 package (1tbs) of baking powder (baking soda works too)
- 6tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 6tbs sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 C degrees and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Put the oil, sugar, egg, orange zest and juice together and give it a good mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and most of the chocolate chips and mix until well combined, but don't over mix. Keep the rest of the chips to sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Place the mixture in the muffin liners, equally dividing it. Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15min and enjoy!
* This recipe also works for lemon muffins. Just substitute the oranges with lemons and skip the chocolate chips.