I was getting ready for a dinner party when I figured regular bread from the bakery was getting a little boring. So I decided to make some bread rolls, and I all I can say is: this was such a great idea!! Soft, buttery and delicious... They also make great sandwiches, so you really can't go wrong with this recipe :-)
Makes 12 rolls
- 500g flour
- 1 package yeast (2 1/4tbs)
- 2tbs sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 250g milk
- 3tbs butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1tbs melted butter, keep it till the end for glazing
- Melt the butter and milk together until warm, don't boil them. Put the mix in a big bowl, add the yeast and let it stand for 5min.
- To this mixture add flour, sugar, salt, egg and mix together until it becomes a dough.
- Place the dough on a generously floured surface, knead for 1 minute, form it in a big ball and place it in a lightly greased bowl. Cover it tightly and let it sit somewhere warm for an hour to double in size.
- Place it on a floured surface again, spread it a little with your hands and cut it into 12 pieces.
- Shape them into rolls and place them on a greased baking sheet. Make sure you leave some space between them, so they can rise.
- Cover them with a towel and let them stand for another hour to double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 190 C degrees. Bake the rolls for about 20min or until golden brown.
- Glaze them with the melted butter and enjoy!