Apples and cinnamon go well together. Banana and chocolate make even a tastier combination! :-) So, since I had two very ripe bananas in the kitchen, I decided to mix them with dark chocolate, turn them into muffins and enjoy them as a great dessert. They are great when served warm, but just as yummy with coffee the next morning :-)
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 100g dark chocolate chips (crushed baking chocolate works too)
- 150g plain flour
- 1 package (1tbs) of baking powder (baking soda works too)
- 6tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 6tbs sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 C degrees and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Add the oil, sugar and egg to the bananas and give it a good mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and most of the chocolate chips and mix until well combined, but don't over mix. Keep the rest of the chips to sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Place the mixture in the muffin liners, equally dividing it. Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15min, then turn the oven off and leave the muffins in for additional 2-3min. Enjoy!