Pasta salads are so popular, aren't they? They go with pretty much anything and can be very diverse. But one thing that's so, so common in each one of them is... wait for it... yes you guessed... Fatty mayo!! Pasta is already a high-caloric dish, why add hundreds more calories in it? I decided to share my grilled veggie pasta salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette that blows everyone's mind once they try it.
The roasted veggies give that summery flavour which we all love when sitting outside in the middle of July. The roasted garlic.... That's something you have to try so you know what I am talking about. It's sweet, delicious and comforting. And the big bonus here is that this can be made a day ahead, so bring it to the next BBQ or potluck dinner and it will be the talk of the evening :-)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion, pealed and cut in thick circles
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2tbs olive oil
- 3tbs balsamic vinegar
- a handful of coriander, basil or parsley
- 8oz pasta, cooked according package instructions, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 C degrees.
- Cut the garlic head in half, drizzle olive oil on each half and sprinkle some salt. Put the two halves together, wrap them tightly in foil and roast them for 1h. Let cool completely.
- Brush the onion and courgettes with olive oil, preheat a grill pan and grill them for 4-5min on each side. Let cool completely.
- In a salad bowl, squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skin, drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and whisk until the dressing has formed.
- Roughly cut the grilled veggies, add them to the bowl and season.
- Add the pasta, give everything a good stir, sprinkle some coriander and enjoy!