They say, if you can make risotto, you can make anything... Well honestly it's not that complicated :) I've perfected my way now and if you follow these steps, I promise you will end up with the creamiest, tastiest risotto you've ever had. So let's get going...
- 250g Arborio rice (any short grain rice works too)
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2cup chopped canned tomatoes (fresh tomatoes work too)
- 650ml chicken stock, simmering
- 125ml white wine
- 1tbs butter
- a handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2tbs olive oil
- a handful of chopped coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, fry the bacon over high heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic in the bacon drippings. Sauté for 5min.
- Add the rice, give it a good mix to get coated by the olive oil, then add the tomatoes.
- Pour the white wine in and mix until absorbed.
- Add a ladle full of chicken stock, mix and wait for it to get absorbed. Repeat this step for 18min.
- After the 18min, add the bacon, coriander, butter, salt, pepper, cheese and a last ladle of stock. Give it a mix, turn the heat off, cover it and let it sit on the stove for 5min. Serve immediately and enjoy!